Wesleyan provides students with a number for free transportation options around campus, the Middletown area and beyond.
The Ride – Wesleyan Campus Shuttle: Students can catch the RIDE at locations throughout campus and make the trek across campus both quick and safe. The RIDE runs every night during the academic year. To better serve the community we have redesigned our route for maximum efficiency. Two shuttle vans make stops within 15 minutes of each other minimizing delays.
The RIDE is free to all members of the Wesleyan Community. Catch the RIDE seven nights a week!
- Monday – Thursday: 7 pm to 3 am
- Friday – Saturday: 7 pm to 4 am
Persons with disabilities can access special shuttle services during evening hours by calling the driver at 860-685-3788. During the daytime, persons with disabilities may receive assistance by calling 860-685-3823.
Grocery Shuttles: The Transportation Department offers a free local grocery shuttle service every Sunday from 12:30pm-3:30pm and every Wednesday from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. The van leaves from Usdan to Aldi and Price Chopper and returns.
The Transportation Department offers a shuttle to the Asian Grocery store on Saybrook Rd every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 12:30pm-2:30 pm. The van leaves from the front of Usdan.
Middletown Area Transit Buses: For the 2021-22 academic year, riding Middletown Area Transit and 9-Town Transit buses is FREE for students! Students just need to show their WesID when they hop on a bus. Wesleyan is serviced by the Middletown Area Transit (MAT) routes 583, 584, and 590 – you can view the bus stops on the Wesleyan campus map or this handy poster of nearby destinations. Students can catch these and all MAT and 9-Town Transit buses at the downtown terminal at 340 Main St. View all of MAT schedules here.
Traveling off-campus: MAT Route 590 gets you to Meriden Train Station in less than 20 minutes. In Meriden, you can connect to New Haven, Hartford, Springfield, Bradley Airport, and beyond via train. This poster gives more information on how to connect to other transit using MAT, or read more below.
Zipcars: If your student needs a car, Wesleyan has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to campus. To use Zipcars, simply register as a member, reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to access the car, and drive away. When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up. As a member you get:
- Access to Zipcars 24/7 at Parking Lot C and Parking Lot E on campus (look for the Zipcar signs).
- Discounted hourly rates for faculty, staff and students age 18 and older: rates start at just $7.50/hour or $69/day.
- Gas, insurance and maintenance are included for free.
- Join for only $25 a year, and receive $35 in driving credit your first month.
Learn more and get started at www.zipcar.com/wesleyan. Please contact Zipcar member services with any issues at (866) 494-7227.
Free Electric Vehicle Charging Sites on Campus:
- 2 Level 2 stations serving 4 parking spots in Q Lot (behind Freeman Athletic Center)
- 2 Level 2 stations and 1 Level 1 station serving 2 parking spots in L Lot (corner of Lawn Ave/High St)
- 5 Level 2 stations serving 10 parking spots in T Lot (behind Center for Film Studies)